You just can?t plan for an emergency and kids never check your diary to see if it is a convenient day to be sick. Sharon Mitchell (the Founder of Mayday Mummy) saw a need for an exceptionally reliable, professional and caring helper for those stressful occasions.
This local business has grown since its inception in 2012 as a result of word of mouth ? mums trust their fellow mums.
Mayday Mummy accepts advance bookings, last minute calls and same day bookings from 4am.
Even though there is no such thing as a ?typical day?, people are fascinated to hear about the families that the Mayday Mummy team assist.
The top 5 reasons clients call Mayday Mummy are:
- Child is unwell and cannot attend daycare ? both parents need to go to work.
- Mum is sick/injured (e.g. bad back, migraine) or totally exhausted and needs an extra pair of hands.
- Parents work commitments extend beyond normal child-care arrangements (e.g. a work meeting/conference after hours or on a normal day off).
- Spouse is away for work and help is needed for a few hours with the dinner/bath/bed routine.
- Expectant and new mums.
How quickly can they arrive?
Arrival time is directly impacted by Sydney traffic. However, with Mayday Mummies living across the Northern Beaches (Fairlight, Davidson, Church Point, Elanora Heights) and more just down the road on the North Shore, responding promptly to families during emergencies is what this team does best. Often a Mayday Mummy can arrive within minutes.
What qualifications do Mayday Mummies have?
The team consists of mature aged, professional women, all of whom have the following:
- First Aid Certificate
- Working With Children Certified (WWCC)
- Fully Insured
- More than 20 years care experience
- Reliable car with child car restraints that meet Australian Safety Standard AS1754
But the most important attribute to our clients is their empathy, understanding and experience that only motherhood can bring.
Why is Mayday Mummy so unique?
The Mayday Mummy tagline ?A mother?s care when you can?t be there? perfectly sums up the service and care provided. When a Mayday Mummy walks into a client?s home, she steps into the mum?s shoes.
Mayday Mummies care for the entire family, not just the children. They provide peace of mind and reduce stress. They are flexible and intuitive -providing assistance so that working parents can be productive at work and not worry about their children at home. They can take children to their GP and also purchase and administer medication.
They provide professional care in the client?s home and update parents throughout the day. Invariably, they will also prepare dinner for the family, fold the washing, and do anything else that can assist the family.
Where can I find more information?