North Head Field Trip
Following the Nature Conservation Council (NCC) 2021 Bushfire Conference, join for a face-to face field day to learn about cool, warm and hot fire, at North Head.
Come for a walk to see what has changed after recent fire events, hear about threatened species recovery and regeneration, and discuss lessons learnt and new approaches in fire, environmental and heritage management.
You’ll have an opportunity to ask local experts and land managers from organisations including: Northern Beaches Council, Harbour Trust, NPWS, Northern Sydney Aboriginal Heritage Office, Fire and Rescue NSW, North Head Sanctuary Foundation, Australian Wildlife Conservancy and others.
Discussion topics will include:
- Managing fire on a multi-tenure site
- Applying fire in Coastal Heath: knowing your patch and local values
- How to use fire for different objectives including life, property and community values
- Threatened species recovery and regeneration
- How to maintain endangered habitats and conserve local wildlife populations
- Current environmental and heritage management practices at North Head
- Hear about fire history, lessons learned, and new plans after the Bushfire Inquiry in 2020
$130 per person, or $80 concession – (NGOs, unwaged, volunteers, students)
Includes transport to the location from Manly Wharf, along with morning tea and lunch.
Tickets limited (tickets sales close 1 June COB).