Intro to Permaculture Course
Talara and Daisy have been cooking up some creative, collaborative and dynamic ways to teach permaculture to their group with an emphasis on enhancing the community network of gardeners, sustainability and earth lovers enthusiasts on the Northern Beaches.
They are so excited to be offering this two day course covering the fundamentals of Permaculture as well as practical hands on experience and education of composting and organic food and medicine growing at Permaculture demonstration sites in the Northern Beaches.
They warmly welcome people of all ages and backgrounds, including those with no previous gardening or permaculture experience, or people with lots! They will have something for everyone in this course. They also provide a discount for students or unemployed persons. Families are welcome!
What you will get from this course:
- key fundamental concepts and skills of how to design your home ecosystem using permaculture
- understanding and skills in how to grow food, build soil and habitat where you live
- a deeper connection to your local community network
- hands-on practical experience of HOW to implement permaculture
- develop your Eco-literacy and deepen your connection to the larger ecosystem around you
- solution-based action to create regenerative change in your lives, broader community, and the earth
- connections to businesses and people that are supporting local food sovereignty, regenerative agriculture and localisation movement.
- Saturday 3 July will be at our budding permaculture home in Oxford Falls
- Sunday 4 July will be at a family home in Newport, helping them implement the early stages of their permaculture design in their new home and building garden beds to grow organic food for their family.
- Saturday 17 July will be at their budding permaculture home in Oxford Falls
- Sunday 18 July will be at a family home in Avalon helping them implement a permaculture design and building garden beds for organic food growing.
What is included
- They will provide a Vegetarian lunch from their gardens and morning tea for everyone. You are also welcome to bring food to contribute to the table!
- A certificate of completion at the end.
- A community network platform that will be open for people to stay connected.