As part of the Newport Breakers Suburban Rugby Union Club’s ongoing Suicide Awareness program, the Breakers together with Manly Savers and Forest Rugby Clubs are conducting the “Bro Walk” on Saturday December 5 from Queenscliff SLSC to Shelley Beach and return followed by BBQ at QSLC.
The Bro Walk is designed to break the stigma surrounding men both in and out of footy and their vulnerability and mental health as a whole.
The walk gives men a chance to connect with like-minded people and just talk openly about what’s going on in their life and their mind. The opportunity to create a community dedicated to normalizing these conversations.
The program is –
- 6am meet at Queenscliff surf club
- 6:15-6:30 introductions and allowing for late comers.
- 6:30 onwards walk from Queenscliff to Manly
- Stop at Manly for a brief chat
- Continue on to Shelly – for a few exercises and unpack some feelings.
- Head back to Queenscliff for a yarn, a BBQ and a coffee