Tucked away at 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives the Wildflower Garden is one of Sydney’s best kept secrets. Set across 123 hectares of pristine untouched bushland and free entry all year round, this is a perfect place to bushwalk, picnic, host or join an event.
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden offers a range of weekly programs from Toddlers through to Seniors, with a strong focus on kids programs.
These programs include:
- Nature Play: This play-based investigation and discovery program offers ranger led activities for children aged 0 to 6. The program is structured with new nature themes each week designed to develop curious minds and playful spirits.
- Junior Rangers: Join our experienced rangers for our hands-on after school sessions to learn about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals as well as all sorts of ranger skills.
- Nature School: A program for homeschool facilities offering nature play, outdoor skills, sustainability and environmental awareness. Run by experienced environmental educators with content linked to NSW syllabus.
- School Holidays: Full day program for primary aged children with a focus on fun and adventure, as well as an expanded Nature Play program for children up to age 10. Specialty events including family walks, wildlife encounters and even campfire experiences.
- Wild Birthdays: A unique outdoor birthday experience with qualified ranger led activities. Themes include Nature Play, Nature Superheroes, Animal Encounters, Art Adventures, Survival Skills, and Campfire Experience
The Nesting Hub provides pregnancy, preparation for birth and transition to parenthood classes for parents to be and new parents too.
In addition to this, they also provide perinatal counselling, trauma and bereavement support, and infant massage. All classes are run by an experienced, Registered Midwife and Clinical Educator, with options for small group classes in a beachside location, for one to one classes in the comfort of your own home, at a time that suits you or virtually on Zoom.
Whatever your needs, The Nesting Hub is there to care, to support, and to journey alongside you.
Kids Messy Play classes jam packed with paint, foam, craft, slime, water play and more. Changes every week. $10/hr Wed and Fri 930am-1130am. All ages.
Ladybug Music offers parent-and-me classes for babies, toddlers and preschoolers, with funky and eclectic family music in a warm environment that encourages participation and silliness. Their high quality music curriculum uses a diverse range of rich, complex music, combined with simple melodies and great rhythms, and introduces your child to pitch, tempo, melody and rhythm through singing, instruments, dance and more. Each term comes with a CD (both digital and hardcopy) with wonderful songs the whole family will enjoy, while your child learns music fundamentals that will last a lifetime.
At Ladybug they sing it, boogie down & have fun!