The School Holidays are less than 2 weeks away and I have been busy compiling a…
Winter School Holiday Activity Guide
The Winter School Holidays are just a few weeks away so it’s time to start thinking about events and activities to keep the kids occupied!
We’ve found some great ideas for you here from magic and self defence to lego building, coding, swimming and much more! These events are always VERY popular so make sure you book quickly!
- School Holiday Activites at Westfield Warringah Mall
- NS Swim School School Holiday Program
- Krav Maga Northern Beaches School Holiday Workshops
- Gymstars Cheerleading School Holiday Programs
- C.A.P.A Academy Winter School Holiday Workshops
- Applause MTA Musical Theatre Workshops for Kids and Teens
- BRICKS 4 KIDZ® Workshop
- Camp Blue Manly – School Holiday Programs
- Good Counsel School Holiday Art Therapy Workshops
- Jack Sharp Magic – School Holiday Camp
- Kids OT Holiday Program
- NumberWorks’nWords Winter Holiday Program
- Puppeteria Theatre Presents The Jeral Puppets
- Robotics July Vacation Program
- Evolve Tennis Academy – Tennis for Life!
- Virgin Active’s School Holiday Sports Squad
- Kids Art Adventures Creative Workshops
- Kids On The Coast, Coastal Environment Centre
- All Day Vacation Care, Allambie, Beacon Hill, Cromer, Forestville, Harbord
- Learn To Swim, Aquatic Centres
- Giant Inflatable Fun, Warringah Aquatic Centre
- Monkey Baa, Lendlease Darling Quarter Theatre
School Holiday Activities at Westfield Warringah Mall
Bring the kids for this tasty tutorial on how best to create everyone’s favourite healthy snack, taught by the experts at Rolld! No booking required.
- When: Thursday 6 July – Sunday 9 July
Bring the kids along to our immersive LEGO zone these school holidays and let their imaginations run wild! No booking required.
- When: Wednesday 12 July – Sunday 16 July
5 day Intensive school holiday program.
- 8am to 11am 30 minute classes
- 7am to 8am Fitness squad for Nippers
To book your spot call 9907 4637 or email your details & contact number to
- When: 10th -14th July
- Where: 9B Green St Brookvale
- Website: www.nsswimschool.com.au
- Phone: 9907 4637
Krav Maga Northern Beaches is holding a school holiday program that will teach your child how to protect themselves and help them grow in confidence and discipline.
- Board Breaking
- Yoga sessions
- Meditation sessions
- Warrior face painting
- Self defence skills
Krav Maga’s self defence classes for children places emphasis on reducing threat, not causing harm. We teach kids that they can be strong as well as calm … powerful as well as in control.
- When: Wednesday, July 5th, Thursday, July 6th & Friday, July 7th
- Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Cost: Cost: 1 day $90, 2 days $150, 3 days $195. Additional days $60 per day
- Website: kravmaganorthernbeaches.com.au/school-holiday-workshop/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0410 785 543
- Facebook: facebook.com/kravmaganorthernbeaches
Our school holiday, full day programs for kids ages 5-12 will be on again these holidays.
This is a great program for all kids aged approximately 5-12 years to have some fun in the holidays.
Here your child will be able to stunt, tumble, dance and play lots of games, all in the theme of cheerleading!
We encourage both boys and girls, experienced and non experienced. Everyone is welcome. Parents please pack morning tea and lunch and send your kids in comfortable clothing.
We are also offering afternoon Holiday Tumbling Classes.
- Cost: $50 per day, drop off between 8:30-9am and pick up between 3-3:30pm.
- Bookings: http://www.gymstars.com.au/ (school holiday tab and click on the book now button)
- Email: email@example.com
- Dates: Mon 3rd – Fri 7th July, Mon 10th – Fri 14th July
- Phone: 9939 9748
Performing arts are the passion for CAPA Academy. Industry specialists and qualified teachers are dedicated to developing the creative talents and joy of self-expression that resides in all, especially children, and these school holidays they have a vast range of workshops on offer.
July Workshops offered: Dance ( Monday 3rd- Wednesday 5th ) Drama (Wednesday 5th – Friday 7th) Visual Arts (Monday 10th) and Performing Arts ( Tuesday 11th- Friday 14th)
Limited places available.
Workshops available for ages 4 – 15 years. ( before and after care available )
- Dates: Various from 3rd – 14th July 2017
- Times: 9am – 3pm
- Phone: 0402 726 676
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: capa-academy.com.au
Applause Musical Theatre Academy’s epic holiday workshops are action-packed with activities combining MUSIC, DRAMA andDANCE! Your child will learn how to sing and dance to songs (and act a scene from Year 3 upwards) from a well-known musical, plus gain acting skills through cool drama activities. On the last day, the students will amaze you with a performance!
Workshops are either 2 or 3 days and are for students from Kindy to Year 11. DON’T DELAY, ENROL NOW here.
- Locations: Killarney Heights, St Ives, Chatswood & Roseville
- Dates: There will be workshops in the Independent School break (June 26 -30) and from July 3-14
- Website: http://www.applausemta.com.au
- Bookings: http://www.applausemta.com.au/workshops1.html
July School Holidays are the perfect time for an AWESOME BRICKS 4 KIDZ® Workshop. Our programs are uniquely designed to provide a blend of specially-created BRICKS 4 KIDZ® models, LEGO® games, and plenty of time for free-play.
From our Mining & Crafting workshop to brand new Brick City Engineers and Extreme Ninjas, and our special Winter Brick Blast, there’s sure to be a fun theme to inspire your child while they build, create and learn with LEGO®! Our programs are designed for all kids from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Did you know we also provide fantastic robotics programs? Our Junior Robotics programs are great for ages 7 – 11. These series of programs are designed to take kids from beginning through advanced robotics, challenging them while making it SUPER FUN too! Build a Monkey and make it dance, create a cool Air Show, and more!
Check out our website or give us ring for all the details!
- Dates: Workshops run throughout the school holidays from Monday, 3 July to Friday, 14 July.
- Phone: 0422 487 940
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.Bricks4Kidz.com.au/Sydney-Northern-Beaches
- Locations: Balgowlah, Curl Curl, Forestville, Belrose and Mona Vale
Camp Blue has set itself apart in the school holiday market by providing a fun, engaging and individual programs for all your children, their personalities and interests.
Camp Blue Manly offers a day camp program for children in K – Yr8 and a specialist program for children in Yr 3 – Yr 8. With over 20 activities to choose from there is something for everyone.
Camp Blue is a fully accredited CCB/CCR program.
There is no other experience like Camp Blue!
- Location: Stella Maris College Manly
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 02 940 09413
- Website: www.campblue.com.au/
- Bookings: https://blue.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/camper/App
As caring and qualified professionals, we work with children, adolescents, parents, single people, couples at all stages of life and for a wide variety of issues and concerns.
The mental health and wellbeing of young people is very important to us and we provide a schedule of retreats/workshops and holiday activities (art therapy based) for young children and teens to build self-esteem, resilience and mindfulness.
Our facilitators are experienced and qualified in Education, Art Therapy, Visual Arts and Counselling.
Our tranquil retreat space located in Warriewood provides the perfect backdrop for unique and meaningful events for those that attend.
Download our flyer for more information.
- Phone: 0409 253 277
- Website: www.goodcounsel.net.au
- Location: Suite 19, 6a Prosperity Place, Warriewood, 2102
- Email: email@example.com
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
After the wonderful feedback from the last school holidays local children’s entertainer Jack Sharp is back in July with his Fun Magic School Holidays Camp ideal for 5 to 10 year olds.
As a special treat for this holidays Jack is also introducing the magic of robotics and coding.
The camp combines performances and tuition in:
- Balloon Twisting
– All new Robotics and Coding
- Bookings: http://jacksharpmagic.com.au/events/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0414 444 760
- Download the flyer for more information.
The outstanding occupational therapists at Kids OT have developed a unique holiday program that incorporates a broad range of activities to help children to kickstart the next term, in and out of school! Each day includes activities like hand writing, social skills, visual learning & memory, focus & attention, muscle tone & sports skills and core strength. Children can attend just one class, one day or the whole week!
- When: 3 – 7 and 10 – 14 July, 8am to 5.30pm daily
- Where: Kids OT (Forestway Shopping Centre, Frenchs Forest)
- Suitable for: 3 to 12 years
- Cost: Single classes starting at $20, Full day $125, Full week (5 days) $560
- Bookings: online at www.skillscentral.com.au, call 9457 5735 or email email@example.com
- Website: skillscentral.com.au
NumberWorks’nWords Dee Why and Mona Vale are once again running a Winter Holiday Program!
This is a great way to get a step ahead before Term 3 starts!
The program will run in the 1st week of the school holidays.
**3 DAYS ONLY!**
- When: Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th July
- Times: 9am – 11am – Sessions are 2 hours for both junior & senior students
- Fees: $312 for 3 days (6 lessons) Fees are due in full on enrolment to confirm your place. Bookings are essential.
The JERAL PUPPETS present three different programs for the July School Holidays:
GOLDILOCKS & THE THREE BEARS
(2-5yrs) at 10.30am on 28, 30 JUNE, 2,4,6,10,12,14,16 JULY.
HENRIETTA HEN & THE GREEDY FOX plus BAA BAA BLACKSHEEP
(2-5yrs) on 3,5,7,9,11,13JULY
SNOW-WHITE & 7 DWARFS plus THE PIED PIPER OF HAMELIN
(4-9yrs) on 3,4,5,6,10,11,12,13 JULY.
- Bookings: Call 9371 7328
- Cost: Children $12, Adults $ 15
- Website: http://www.puppeteria.com/
BOOKINGS NOW OPEN
Build and Code Workshops – Learn to code, design and build your own robot using robotics motors, sensors and software. A full day of fun and learning!
Years 1-2 | 9am -3pm | Lego WeDo
Years 3-6 | 9am -3pm | EV3 Mindstorms
- Location : Curl Curl Nth PS
- When: Monday 10th July 2017
- Cost: $85 for a full day Workshop
- Bookings: www.trybooking.com/285633
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.robokids.com.au
EVOLVE TENNIS has the best coaches, beautiful facilities and fantastic programs – your kids will LOVE our tennis centres – at both Collaroy Tennis Centre (Long Reef) and Wyatt Park Tennis Centre (Belrose).
Hot Shots Tennis & MULTISPORT Format camps, both weeks of the July holidays!
FREE Before (7.30 to 9am) & After (3pm to 5pm) Camp Care.
Experienced, qualified coaches.
Prizes, FUN & FREE Pizza each Last day of Camp.
Camp runs rain, hail or shine!
Full week, Single day or half-day bookings available.
Can’t wait to see you there!
- Ages: Ages 4 to 16 years welcome
- Phone: 9971 0644
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.evolvetennisacademy.com
- Bookings: http://www.evolvetennisacademy.com/holiday_camps
- Locations: Collaroy Tennis Club, Griffith Park, Anzac Avenue, Collaroy AND Wyatt Park Tennis Centre, Wyatt Avenue, Belrose
Are your kids SPORTS crazy?
Or, does the thought of the school holidays make YOU crazy?
We have the solution!
Enrol the kids into Virgin Active’s School Holiday Sports Squad!
Virgin Active Sports Squad is available for children aged 6 to 12 years from 9:00am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday during school holidays (excl. public holidays).
Activities include pool sessions (swimming technique + water polo), studio sessions (Cycle + ZuuChimps), dance classes (hip-hop + jazz), outdoor activities (basketball + soccer) and games (oz tag + dodge ball). Also available to non-members.
For more information and bookings please call us.
- Bookings: 9975 8600
- Website: http://www.virginactive.com.au/home/our_clubs/frenchs_forest/facilities.aspx
Learn about a variety of art-making practices through hands-on activities, creating your own artworks inspired by art at the gallery. Regular classes throughout the year using different media.
- Ages: 5-11 years
- When: Sun 9 & 23 Jun, 10.30am – 12pm
- Cost: $25 refreshments included.
- Bookings: Northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au, search ‘Creative Learning.
- Website: http://www.manly.nsw.gov.au/attractions/gallery/creative-learning/
Keep the kids entertained with school programs packed with fun activities including juggling, acrobatic skills and clowning on Circus Day; make your own Neolithic tools from stones and vines at Stones and Bones; and seaside adventures during Marine Biologist Day.
All programs are supervised by quality education staff.
- Where: Coastal Environment Centre, North Narrabeen
- Ages: 6 – 12 years
- When: Mon 3 – Fri 14 July, 10am – 3pm
- Cost: $61 for a full day
- Bookings: northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au, search ‘Kids on the Coast’.
- Website: http://www.pittwater.nsw.gov.au/cec/bookings
Allambie, Beacon Hill, Cromer, Forestville, Harbord
Northern Beaches Council Vacation Care has it all; exciting excursions, discos, craft and sports days with a difference.
- When: Mon 10 – Fri 14 Jul, 7.30am – 6pm
- Bookings: http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/live/community-support-services/family-and-child-care/vacation-care
Boost your child’s swimming skills with an intensive Learn to Swim program that packs half a term of swimming into just one week.
- When: Mon 3 – Fri 14 Jul
- Manly Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Aquatic Centre https://www.manlyaquatic.com.au/facilities/swim-school/school-holiday-intensives/
- Warringah Aquatic Centre https://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/aquatic-centre/your-wac/wac-events/holiday-learn-swim-stroke-correction
Enjoy free giant inflatable fun. Some T&Cs apply to make sure everyone has fun and is safe.
- When: Sun 2 Jul, 1-4pm, Fri 7, 12-3pm and 14 July, 12-3pm
- Learn more: www.northenrbeaches.nsw.gov.au and search ‘Inflatable Fun’
- Website: http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/aquatic-centre/your-wac/wac-events/inflatable-fun
Imagine being stuck with the most embarrassing family in existence. Imagine if you could make a fresh start …
Albert (Lengy) Lengviriyakul is the son of Thai immigrants who own a restaurant called Thai-riffic! (sooooo embarrassing). Lengy is about to start high school and is desperate to transform his image and just eat some pizza!
Adapted from Oliver Phommavanh’s best-selling novel, this hilarious and heartfelt play about acceptance will have you laughing out loud.
- When: 4 – 8 July, 10.30am & 12.30pm
- Cost: $29 adult/child; $104 family of four; $125 family of five. No booking fees!
- Website: https://www.monkeybaa.com.au/
- Booking URL: https://www.monkeybaa.com.au/shows/thai-riffic/
- Phone: 02 8624 9340
- Location: Lendlease Darling Quarter Theatre. Find us here