Atkins Nutritionals shares its top swaps to get you back on track for Spring
Spring is the season of renewal and rejuvenation – the perfect time to spring clean not only your physical space but also your lifestyle and health habits. Embracing healthier choices and incorporating low carb swaps can have a transformative impact on your energy levels and overall wellbeing.
Spring is a fantastic time to experiment with fresh, seasonal produce and try new low carb recipes. Look for dishes with colourful vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats. With a wide range of recipes on the Atkins website, you can find inspiration for delicious and nutritious meals that not only the whole family will love, but will also align with your low carb goals.
For between-meal cravings, Atkins’ range of low carb, low sugar products can help you to make conscious decisions to continue prioritising your health, helping you to create positive changes that will resonate with your health and wellness goals.
Atkins’ top ten swaps are a fantastic source of inspiration to kickstart your low carb lifestyle. These swaps will not only help reduce your carbohydrate intake but also offer delicious alternatives that can keep you satisfied and energised.
- Swap iced coffee for Atkins Creamy Vanilla Protein Shake Coffee: Instead of reaching for high sugar ice coffees, opt for Atkins’ Creamy Vanilla Protein Shake with an espresso shot added for your caffeine hit. It provides a creamy and satisfying coffee flavour while offering a good source of protein to keep you feeling full for longer.
- Swap wraps for lettuce cups: Replace high carb wraps with lettuce cups. Lettuce cups are a refreshing and low carb alternative for enjoying your favourite fillings, such as tacos or sandwich ingredients.
- Swap standard peanut butter cups for the new Atkins Peanut Butter Cups: Satisfy your sweet tooth with Atkins’ new Peanut Butter Cups instead of high sugar and carb loaded peanut butter cups. These new low carb treats offer a delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter without the excessive sugar or carbs.
- Swap spaghetti for zoodles: Replace traditional high carb spaghetti with zoodles – spiralised zucchini noodles. Zoodles are a nutritious and low carb, low calorie alternative that can be paired with your favourite sauces and toppings.
- Swap open sandwiches for Atkins Crispbread Stacks: Instead of an open sandwich on bread, use Atkins Crispbread as a base for your stack. These low carb crispbreads provide a crunchy and satisfying alternative for creating flavourful and low carb stacks.
- Swap fizzy drinks for fruit infused water: Cut down on sugary fizzy drinks and opt for refreshing fruit-infused water. Infuse your water with slices of fruits like citrus, berries, or herbs for a flavourful and low carb alternative.
- Swap cult-favourite caramelised white chocolate for Atkins Caramelised White Chocolate: Indulge in the taste of caramelised white chocolate with Atkins’ low-carb alternative. This delicious chocolate bar allows you to enjoy the sweet caramel flavour you love while staying on track with your low carb lifestyle.
- Swap rice for cauliflower rice: Replace high carb rice with cauliflower rice. Cauliflower rice is a versatile and low carb option that can be used in various dishes, from stir fries to grain free sushi.
- Swap sweet sponge cakes for Milk Chocolate Swiss Rolls: Enjoy the taste of a sweet 3pm treat with Atkins’ new low-carb Milk Chocolate Swiss Rolls. These indulgent bars inspired by spongey swiss rolls provide a satisfying dessert option without excessive carbs and sugar.
- Swap sugary cereal for Greek yoghurt and berries: Instead of starting your day with high sugar cereals, choose a low carb option with Greek yoghurt topped with fresh or frozen berries. This combination provides protein, healthy fats, and natural sweetness to kickstart your morning.
Spring is a great time to spring clean your lifestyle, embrace healthier habits and make low carb swaps to feel more energetic and healthier. By incorporating these low carb swaps, you can make healthier choices without sacrificing flavour or satisfaction. Enjoy the journey to an Atkins low carb lifestyle and enjoy the benefits to your overall health and wellbeing!
Scientifically formulated for safe and effective weight loss, weight management and healthy lifelong eating, Atkins is an easy to follow, flexible four-phased program (start at the phase that best suits you) that helps you build a diet around whole foods rich in vitamins and ‘good carbohydrates’ including low sugar fruits, leafy green vegetables, whole grains, nuts, legumes, dairy, good fats, and protein (fish, poultry, meat and tofu) – while at the same time helping you eliminate highly processed carbs such as white flour and sugar. For further information or more delicious low carb recipe ideas, visit atkins.com