Australians are responding to calls to help farmers struggling to cope with devastating drought conditions.
In NSW about 99 % of farmers are dealing with drought conditions and are not producing enough food to feed their animals.
Farmers across the country are struggling to feed their animals in the extremely dry conditions, with many fearing the loss of important cattle blood lines.
How you can help…
Many charities have set up fundraising efforts for drought-stricken farmers, here are some of them:
- Help buy hay, water, groceries and diesel through?Buy a Bale
- Sponsor food hampers, care packs, store vouchers and feed through?Drought Angels
- Funds from Australian Red Cross?s?Disaster Relief and Recovery Appeal?will be distributed where they are needed most
- Go to Frontiers Service for information on how you can help the drought crisis
- Money given to?Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal?will go to projects like repairing local meeting places, hosting events for farms, skill development to generate alternative income, mental health workers and paying for excursions and books so school kids don?t miss out
- Donations to?Aussie Helpers?help farmers with equipment, food and emotional support
- People can donate feed, non-perishable goods and money to the Lions Club?s?Need for Feed