Twins or More Workshop (Online)
A special workshop for those couples expecting twins or more. We encourage you to attend positive birth and parenting workshop as well.
This program is tailored to meet the learning needs of the couple expecting TWINS or more. It is expected that participants have already attended or plan to attend another Childbirth and Parenting Education program. However, if you have other children this may be all you need to gain some extra knowledge on dealing with more than one. The workshop provides information on understanding your baby’s needs, settling techniques, home safety and equipment, handling and care of baby, and becoming a family.
This course due to COVID19 restrictions will be presented via zoom. There will be no face to face option available.
Discounted rate $35 for booked to give birth at Westmead Hospital. Full price rate is $60 for women birthing elsewhere.
Parents-to-be of twins are encouraged to commence this class before 34 weeks gestation if possible. Videos specific to multiple birth and parenting are shown.
- What to expect with multiples
- Breastfeeding more than one
- Parenting issues – including postnatal depression, returning to work, roles and identities.
- Caring for your new babies and any others
- Opportunity for questions and discussion
- Finding out what help is available in the community
- Meet other couples expecting more than one.