School to Work Workshop
Join them for an interactive and participatory full day workshop that aims to bring families together to connect and increase confidence to seek out meaningful, paid employment for their secondary school student with disability.
Hear stories and experiences from people with a disability and their family members about practical tips and strategies when planning for and finding real and meaningful work.
Leave the workshop with a number of concrete plans and strategies to find work for your secondary student with a disability.
What is School to Work?
School to Work aims to inspire and equip students with disability, through the support of families, to seek meaningful, paid employment in the community.
Who is this workshop for?
Parents, family members, educators and allies of students with disability at secondary school.
$35 for students and families
$50 for professionals
- Uncover student strengths and interests to use as a guide for potential work roles
- Identify conditions that help set up a student for success in work
- Identify community connections and contacts to approach for work
- Practical strategies and tips on working with other professionals or services
- Develop a positive pitch to get the job
- Explore what good employment support looks like, and how to find the right people to support your student.