Healthy Kids – Online School Holiday Program
CPA?s Healthy Kids online school holiday program is a fun and interactive holiday program scheduled to take place from Monday 13?July to Friday 17?July, from 2pm to 3pm every day.
The program is designed and delivered by CPA?s ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologists. The 5 x 60-minute group sessions will involve a structured exercise session along with education around healthy eating and the benefits of physical activity.
All participants will receive physical activity and healthy eating resources throughout the week and the group sessions are kept small to maximise engagement.
Who is this program for?
- ?Children aged 7-12 years
- ?All abilities are welcome, the program will be altered depending on individual client goals and ability level
- ?Able to follow instructions and show good receptive language skills
What does this program involve?
- ?Facilitation of exercise session in a group format
- ?Fun and interaction group activities
- ?Emphasis on key learning topics during sessions including healthy food pyramid and national physical activity guidelines
- ?Sessions include a group warm-up, facilitation of exercises specific to individual goals and group cool down/ stretch
- ?Delivery of sessions via Telepractice
What are the expected outcomes?
- ?Increased functional strength and fitness
- ?Improved gross motor skills
- ?Improved balance and coordination
- ?Increase confidence in performing activities of daily living
- ?Improved mobility and flexibility
- ?Social benefits