Bundle Dye Workshop: Alchemy Of Healing Pigment
Explore the alchemy and intuitive process of extracting pigments from flowers, medicinal herbs, leaves, barks, roots, and vegetables using a technique called bundle dyeing.
This session is a chance to invite nature as your collaborator to gather, place, infuse and seep the plant’s essences into fibres. During the session you will deepen the connection to the elements as you unveil nature’s hues onto silk.
You will leave the workshop with your very own hand dyed silk scarf. The size is versatile and can be framed, or adorned on the body.
- Introduction to mordants and how to prep your fibres for dyeing.
- How to dye consciously using plants, herbs, food waste and repurposed flowers bouquets.
- Protein based vs cellulose based fibres.
- How to extract pigment using a bundle dye technique at home.
- No prior experience necessary – beginners welcome!
- A chance to express your creativity through playful experimentation.
- Inclusive safe space for all – BIPOC LGBTQ+
- Class fee includes all the necessary supplies, materials and a resource document for you to experiment at home.
Please wear clothes you are happy to get dirty!
Location: Creative Space 105 Abbott Road, North Curl Curl