Winter is here! Along with the change in weather and temperature, it’s also time to organise activities over the winter school holidays.
We have partnered with local Northern Beaches businesses to deliver you this list of activities available over the Winter School Holidays. These activities are always VERY popular, so make sure you book quickly!
- Queenwood Tennis & Sports Centre
- CAPA Academy
- Bricks 4 Kidz
- Modbod Kids
- Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches
- Northern Beaches Youth Theatre
- KIKOFF Football
- Voyager Tennis
- Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden
- Speak Up
- Pittwater RSL
Queenwood Tennis Centre
Queenwood Tennis Camps are open to the community and suitable for beginner & intermediate level children. It’s great way for kids to get active, meet new friends and build on their tennis skills. There is a variety of fun and interactive games and activities.
Choose from whole day, half day or hitting squads/matchplay for advanced/senior students. Discounts apply for 5+ days for full day and hitting squads.
Week 1: Monday 26th June – Friday 30th June
Week 2: Monday 3rd July – Friday 7th July
Week 3: Monday 10th July – Friday 14th July
Suited for: 5-17 years
2023 Winter School Holiday Workshops
Students are able to attend individual days or attend the full 5-day program.
BOOK NOW – Limited spaces available
Monday 10th & 17th July
PERFORMING ARTS: Dance, drama, singing & acro in one day.
Tuesday 11th July
DANCE/ACROBATICS/SILKS & LYCRA: An intensive workshop for performers to advance their dance and acrobatic skills.
Wednesday 12th July
DRAMA: Explore all aspects of drama and be part of a play.
Thursday 13th July
MUSIC POP VIDEO – MUSICAL THEATRE DANCE: Sing, dance, act – be part of an iconic Broadway show or Hollywood film.
Friday 14th July
“NEW” CIRQUE: All things circus – silks, lycra, juggling, balancing, unicycle, clown bikes and more.
Active kids vouchers can be used towards: Tuesday Dance/Acro and Friday Cirque.
Creative kids vouchers can be used towards: Monday Performing Arts, Wednesday Drama and Thursday Musical Theatre.
Bricks 4 Kidz
Grab a mate and let’s create! Join a BRICKS 4 KIDZ® school holiday workshop for the BEST school holiday activity for kids in Sydney!
Yes, you can use your 2023 NSW Creative Kids voucher for your Winter School Holiday program – claim before they expire on the 30th June!
- Loads of super FUN & CREATIVE LEGO® workshops with favourites inspired by Star Wars™, Minecraft™, Pokemon™ and other popular themes. Perfect for all kids. Ages 5+
- Junior Robotics for younger kids – fun, hands on building and coding with LEGO® WeDo (Ages 7+) or for older kids, check out the awesome LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3 Robotics workshop led by the extraordinary team of ICTE Educators (Ages 9+)
- Programs from Thursday 29th June to Monday 17th July (pupil free day)
- Great, easy locations – all indoors – perfect for the Winter Break!
Phone: 0476 884 100
Facebook: Bricks 4 Kidz (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Locations: Collaroy, Balgowlah and Forestville
The school holiday workshops are a great way to keep the kids active, moving, learning new gymnastics skills, making new friends and having lots of fun!
The 2 main workshop offerings include:
- Gymnastics Fun – recreational gymnastics suitable for all ability levels & newbies
- Acro & Tumbling – scalable for all levels and a fun way to learn new tricks and skills, or get help on existing skills
- 3 hours of non-stop fun (can do all short or long day)
- No prior experience is required
- 5 years and older are welcome
- Bring your own snacks
- Qualified coaches
- Limited spots
- Prepaid only (book and pay online)
Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches
That extra family member everybody needs!
Theresa Finister Lynch is the proud owner of Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches. This dynamic lady specialises in helping families get to where they need to go when there’s no one else around to help, especially during the winter school holidays.
Her services include:
- 24-hour airport and cruise round trip transfers (all age child seats supplied)
- School Holiday activities pick up/drop off safely home
- Home minding and pet sitting/exercising while you’re away
- Personal Shopping or outings for family members who need extra support
- Doctor, Dentist or Day Surgery companion
- Mobile Spray Tanning Service
Phone: 0432 144 861
Facebook: Ladies Running Errands Northern Beaches
Northern Beaches Youth Theatre
The Northern Beaches Youth Theatre is a not-for-profit charity youth theatre that was revived in response to the growing need for youth safe spaces and mental health respite in our local community. The founders have a passion for youth issues and know the power of the arts when it comes to unleashing creativity, finding your unique voice and having a safe outlet.
Anne Of Green Gables adapted by Joseph Robinette (An Amateur Production By Arrangement with ORiGiNTM Theatrical, on behalf of Northern Beaches Youth Theatre) is their fourth production. This timeless tale of precocious orphan Anne Shirley has captivated hearts for decades and will be a lovely experience for all ages.
Cast A Perform:
- Thursday 15th June at 6.30pm
- Saturday 17th June at 2pm and 6pm
Cast B Perform:
- Thursday 22nd June at 6.30pm
- Saturday 24th June at 2pm and 6pm
Adults – $20
Youth/Concession – $12
Family – $50
Give your kids an unforgettable week of football skills, teamwork, and good old-fashioned fun! With KIKOFF’s Holiday Football Camps, budding football enthusiasts can enjoy an action-packed week of sporting fun.
Whether your child is new to the game, or set on becoming the next Messi, KIKOFF’s state-of-the-art facilities and experienced coaches give your child the perfect setting for developing their passion for football.
There’s a reason the all-weather 5-a-side pitches are Sydney’s favourite football destination – and with the Holiday Camps, they’ll be your child’s favourite too!
Dates: Monday 3rd July – Thursday 6th July and Monday 10th July – Thursday 13th July
Register here: https://kikoff.class4kids.club/camp/40
Voyager Multi-Sport & Tennis Holiday Camps
Join for a full day of active fun over the school holidays!
Week 1: Monday 3rd July – Friday 7th July
Week 2: Monday 10th July – Friday 14th July
Multi-sports camp: Tennis, Soccer, Basketball, Cricket, Dodge-ball, Hockey, Volleyball, T-Ball and European Handball.
- All equipment is provided
- 9am – 3pm with early and late supervision available
Junior tennis camp: Join for a full fun day of tennis for all abilities with professional coaches, including skills development and match play.
- All levels and abilities welcome
- 9am – 3pm with early and late supervision available
UTR tennis camp: The UTR performance holiday camps are a great opportunity to gain matchplay coaching and improve your UTR alongside our academy coaches and players.
- Groups split by UTR level
- 9am – 3pm
Full week & daily bookings available and makeup lessons or credit offered for wet weather cancellations.
- Warringah Recreation Centre, Corner of Pittwater and Kentwell Road, North Manly (Multi-sports camp and Junior tennis camp)
- Narraweena Tennis Club, 65A Mcintosh Road, Narraweena (Multi-sports camp)
- Wakehurst Tennis, Upper Clontarf Street, Seaforth (UTR Tennis camp)
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden
Looking for a wild adventure these school holidays?
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden offers a range of full day school holiday programs for primary aged children (6 – 12years) with a range of nature-based themes including survival skills, junior keepers, camping and cooking, nature adventurers and nature art. Half day programs and family experiences are also run during school holiday periods including animal family walks, twilight safari and campfire experiences.
Full day programs running Monday 26th June through to Monday 17th July for those kids that may have additional days off.
Phone: 9424 0353
Facebook: Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden
Location: St Ives
Are you a budding young Singer/Songwriter with a story to tell? Would you like to have the tools to sing and write songs? This Winter School Holidays meet fellow musician friends to collaborate with, get creative and have some fun. Led by renowned Singer Songwriter/Music Teacher – Rachael Berry. Suited to young people aged 12 – 18.
When: Monday 3rd July – Thursday 6th July, 9am – 3pm
Includes live concert performances for parents at the end of the workshop.
There are limited places.
Phone: 0423 966 972 – Rachael
Facebook: Berry Jam Music – Voice lessons and Songwriting workshops
Location: 19/122-126 Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale (inside
Ice Skating Spectacular returns to Pittwater this school holidays
Get ready to lace up your skates and embrace the winter magic at Pittwater’s Ice Skating Spectacular, making its highly-anticipated return for the third year.
From the 1st to the 16th July, Pittwater’s all-weather area will be transformed into a mesmerizing Winter Wonderland, offering an unforgettable experience for the entire family during the school holidays.
- Experience the thrill of the 225 square meter all-ice rink, open daily.
- Enjoy 45-minute ice skating sessions starting on the hour every hour.
- The perfect activity for families, sporting teams, and corporate groups.
- Children under four years old must be accompanied by an adult on the ice.
- Penguin ice skating aids are available for hire, ensuring a fun experience for little skaters.
Don’t delay, secure your tickets now to avoid disappointment. Tickets are selling fast, so make sure to visit the Pittwater website and purchase your tickets online today to secure your ideal sessions.
Join an incredible ice skating adventure at Pittwater’s Winter Wonderland, including outdoor Dining Domes for the first time in 2023 – cosy, private outdoor domes available to hire with a range of catering packages available from 1st July to 31st August.
You still have the chance to be a part of the
Winter School Holiday Activity Guide!
The Winter School Holiday Activity Guide is the perfect guide to showcase your business and activities!
We are still accepting submissions for the guide. You can still be part of the other platforms including the website, Facebook, and Instagram.