There's been a lot of discussion in our group this week asking for hints and…
NBMs Guide to Winter Fun
There’s something just so special about Winter. And you don’t need to drive to the snow to enjoy it, there’s loads of Winter fun to be ahead all over Sydney for the whole family. Check out these great activities we’ve listed for you….
“Skate, Eat and Play at Winterlight, where magic happens”. Join the skaters on Sydenty’s biggest open air ice skating rink. There’s also a huge ice slide, a dedicated kid’s rink, a brand new snow play area, and an illuminated ferris wheel. There are live DJs Thurs – Sat, ice shows Fri and Sat and an alpine food village where you can enjoy live music and indulge in European-inspired winter fare…pretzels anyone?
- When: Friday 30 June to Sunday 16 July from 5pm
- Where: Prince Alfred Square, Parramatta
- Cost: Toddler ($12), Child 5-13 ($18), Adults 14+ ($22), Family ($69), Penguin hire ($8)
- Tickets: Parramatta Winterlight
Not that it’s ever anything less, but Bondi really comes to life in Winter. The Winter Magic festival is back with Australia’s only beachside ice skating rink. There’s also the illuminated Bondi eye (pictured), curling demos and a pop up festival of comedy, music, theatre, visual arts, food and much more.
- When:Friday 30 June to Sunday 16 July. 10am – 9pm
- Where: Bondi Pavillion
- Cost:Toddler: $12, Child 5-13 years $18, adult 14 yrs & above $22, family 2 adults + 2 children $69, Penguin Hire $8. Skating lessons $29 per hr.
- Tickets: Bondi Winter Magic
Warm your Winter in Bathurst with an ice skating rink, giant ferris wheel & massive carousel. Iconic surrounding buildings will be beautifully illuminated nightly and there are special feature nights on 1st and 8th July.
- When: 1st – 16th July. Dusk – 10pm
- Where: Russell Street, Bathurst
- Cost: Children (2-13): $5 each, adults (14 +): $10
- Tickets: Bathurst Winter Festival
Enjoy ice skating in this iconic location in the heart of Sydney. There’s also an ice slide where you can fly through the festival at breakneck speed. The entertainment precinct also hosts a a selection of food huts. This one really is an event for everyone……there’s even a special couples package for date night!
- Where: St Mary’s Cathedral, St Marys Road, Sydney
- When: Friday 23 June – Sunday 16 July. Mon – Thurs: 10am-8pm, Fri & Sat: 10am-10pm, Sun 9am-8pm
- Cost: Kids (3-7 years) from $12 (Children 8-13-years) from $18, Adults from $24, families from $80. Bobby skating $10
- Tickets: Skating at Cathedral Square
Experience Winter the Luna Park way where you can ice skate and slide under falling snowflakes. Skating is FREE with an Unlimited ride pass, Annual pass or as one ride from a Sampler pass. There is delicious German style food and drinks available to warm you up after your skate. And don’t forget, the Minions will be running riot through the park!!!!
- Where: Luna Park
- When: Friday 30 June to Monday 17 July
- Cost: Free with certain ride passes. Penguin hire free.
- Tickets: Luna Park Winterfest
Enjoy this icy wonderland in the Hunter Valley for 3 weeks. There are exciting new rides, as well as well loved favourites… enjoy ice skating, Snow Time Play Zone, the ice toboggan, carousel, ferris wheel & swing chairs. Take the snowball challenge, slide the 35 metre super slide, inflatables, ice sculptures and so much more!
- Where: Hunter Valley Gardens, Broke Road, Hunter Valley
- When: 24th June – 16th July. Weekdays: 10am – 7pm, Weekends: 10am-9pm
- Cost: Child (4 – 15 years): $25, Adults (16+): $32, Family: $102. Unlimited Ride Wristband $15
- Tickets: Hunter Valley Gardens