Positive Breastfeeding Workshop 3 hours Small Group (Online)
This three hour Positive Breastfeeding Workshop is held on Saturday morning from 9.00am to 12.00noon, for women and their partners/support person. A short break is included.
Ideal for pregnant women and partners if:
- Attending the Saturday or Sunday Positive Birth and Parenting Workshop
- Women who have had previous difficulties breastfeeding
- Women who require additional information not provided in other programs.
The workshop is free for those attending the Saturday or Sunday Positive Birth and Parenting Workshop. You need to include your booking number when completing the registration page. Please select ‘bonus ticket’.
This breastfeeding workshop is designed to give you the right information and support for breastfeeding your baby. The workshop is conducted by a qualified Lactation Consultant who will answer your questions, provide you with problem-solving strategies and boost your confidence so that you may successfully breastfeed your baby.
Partners are welcome and encouraged to attend. One ticket per couple.
- Understanding how breastfeeding works
- Positions for breastfeeding
- Signs of successful breastfeeding
- Normal behaviors for breastfed babies
- Identifying possible breastfeeding problems – and what to do
- Where to get help
- Dad’s role – a key to successful breastfeeding
- Diet, medications and alcohol with breastfeeding
- Feeling confident