Kimbriki Composting & Worm Farms Workshop
Composting and worm farming are great alternatives to disposing of your food waste in the rubbish bin while creating natural fertiliser for your garden. By recycling food scraps in a compost bin or worm farm you can help reduce organic waste disposed in landfill, in turn reducing the production of leachate and greenhouse gases from landfills. Compost and worm ‘castings’ are both ideal natural fertiliser for your garden.
Composting and Worm Farm workshop covers the following topics:
- Why compost or have a worm farm? Learn why food scraps & garden waste must be taken out of our rubbish bins
- Setting up your compost bin & worm farm
- What goes into your compost & worm farms?
- Learn different methods of composting
- Maintaining your compost & worm farm
- How to use compost, worm castings & ‘worm juice’ on your garden
- The vital role of organic matter & humus in your soil
- Outlining the human health problems associated with using synthetic fertilisers on your edible gardens
- The real difference between organic and non-organic food
- Answers to the most common problems with worm farms.
- Residents $30 per person
- Non-Residents $50 per person
- Family Ticket $50 per family (includes 2 adults & up to 3 children) – Northern Beaches & Mosman Residents only
Bookings are essential. Book online.
Location: Kimbriki Eco House & Garden Education Centre, 1 Kimbriki Road, Ingleside