Introduction to Art Therapy: Practical Methods
Introduction to Art Therapy: Practical Methods for Children, Young People and Adults
Learn how to incorporate art therapy methods into your counselling practice and group work with clients young and old in this 2 x 3 hour training course. Within a humanistic and strengths based approach, experience how a range of art methods can be used for relaxation, insight and understanding and setting goals.
This workshop introduces you to theory, evidence and methods in art therapy and gives you practical strategies to work with individuals and groups in a safe and respectful manner. The focus of the workshop will be an experiential and practical introduction to a range of art therapy techniques using pencils, textas, pastels, paint, modelling and collage. No skill or artistic experience is required for this hands-on workshop.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Explore a range of art materials and methods for therapy use
- Identify art therapy theory
- Consider the evidence for effectiveness
- Practise counselling skills using art exercises
- Engage in experiential activities
- Review ethical practice considerations
- Consider practical ways to build an art supply kit