Demystifying early psychosis to support young people
Youth Health Forums (YHFs) are stimulating, half-day forums that cover a wide range of adolescent health and wellbeing issues, appealing to health, education, community, welfare professionals and students.
The Forum provides an opportunity for attendees to meet, update knowledge and skills, exchange information and strengthen the youth health network, in order to provide the best possible support for young people in NSW.
This forum will be chaired by Ms Andrea Ching, Senior Program Lead Youth and Priority Populations, Mental Health – Children and Young People, Mental Health Branch, NSW Ministry of Health
- Is early intervention in psychosis possible? : Professor Anthony Harris, Professor of Psychiatry, The University of Sydney Westmead Clinical School
- Asking the questions. Could this be psychosis?: Mr John Stratford, Senior Social Worker/Mental Health Clinician, Orygen Specialist Program; Dr Shona Francey, Clinical Psychologist/Clinical Consultant, Australian Early Psychosis Program, Orygen
- The role of medication in the lives of young people experiencing early psychosis: Dr Anna Lee, Staff Specialist, Early Intervention in Psychosis Service, Sydney Local Health District
- Neurofeedback in early psychosis: Dr Vivek Sharma, Neurotherapist, headspace Early Psychosis- Neurofeedback Program, the headspace Early Psychosis service in Western Sydney
- Working with families of young people with psychosis: TBA
- Voice of youth: Ms Valerie Miller and Mr Andrew Skelton; young people
- Panel discussion: Panel will include all program speakers
Add this to your calendar, and watch the live event (no password is required).
Ensure you have up to date browser installed for example Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
This Forum is not recorded for viewing later
Register by close of business 15 October 2021 to receive a reminder email (registration is optional)