Women’s Easy Lane Cove Kayaking Trip // Sunday 14th February
On your Women Want Adventure paddle, You explore the river from the weir at Fuller’s Bridge all the way down to the Harbour.
From their gathering point at Wirong Flat on River Avenue Lane Cove, they’ll start with a technique and safety briefing to make sure you feel comfortable in the kayaks. They then head upstream to the weir – then downstream to Sugarloaf Reserve for a morning tea break. The river twists and turns as it passes through the Lane Cove River National Park.
Your lunch spot will be at a boutique beach on the Harbour (you’ll have a great view of the bridge), where you’ll be able to swim if you wish.
- Meeting time: 8.30am
- Paddle commences: 9.00am
- Meeting point: Wirong Flat, on River Avenue. If you are driving, find your way to the intersection of River Avenue and Delhi Road, alongside Fullers Bridge. Get there from the east on Millwood Avenue, from the north via Lady Game Drive and the west/south on Delhi Road.
- Finish: Between 3.00pm
- Grade: Easy in double kayaks
- Paddle distance: 14km return
- Tuition is given to the level of tour
- Professional Guidance with Australian Canoeing Qualified Guide
- All kayaking equipment provided including PFD’s
- Large and hearty morning tea + hot tea and coffee
WHAT TO BRING:
- 2L water
- Light lunch
- Paddle gloves (optional)
- Soft-soled footwear
- Swimmers + towel
- Clothes that you are happy to get wet in
- Rain jacket (just in case)