Revamped Show Provides a Fresh Approach to the Life Changing Realities of Being a Parent
The Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Wattle Health, is celebrating its 10th birthday in style at the International Convention Centre in Sydney on Friday 21 September ? Sunday 23 September 2018.
To kick-off the next decade of Australia?s favourite parenting event, the Essential Baby & Toddler Show has an exciting re-vamp planned for Sydney parents which promises more entertainment from kid favourite characters, over 200 of the world?s leading brands and a dynamic and diverse line-up of speakers who delve into the challenges of being a new parent.
?As the idea of what the ?standard Aussie family? looks like changes and evolves, so does the show,? said Fairfax Events and Entertainment Head of Parenting, Simon Corkill ?With this special anniversary event, we wanted to not only make the best show to-date but re-shift our focus. Being a parent is not easy and has numerous challenges, we want to produce a show that gives real life advice where new parents can make their own choices.?
New this year are the Beginners? Guide Live Forums, emceed by celebrity host Toni Pearen. The panels will cover a wide-range of topics, including birth-plans, breastfeeding, challenges of being a new Mum, safe sleeping, toddler tantrums and more. The Live Forums will also make representing diverse families a key pillar of the show with a special panels each day dedicated to single and LGBTQI parents who will get a chance to discuss their experiences raising a family. The full Beginners Guide line-up includes:
- The Beginners? Guide to Birth Plans: featuring doulas, midwives and obstetricians this panel will provide expert advice on the many options available when creating a birth-plan. The Panel consits of Romany Godson-King – Midwife Royal Hospital for Women, Dr Andrew Bisits (OB) – Director of Obstetrics at the Royal Hospital for Women and Renee Adair – Doula and Childbirth and Parenting Educator.
- The Beginners? Guide to Breastfeeding: Australian Breastfeeding Association and Australia?s leading breastfeeding expert, Pinky McKay, will provide the very best educated advice on breastfeeding, what to expect and how it changes your mind, body and mood.
- The Beginners? Guide to the Challenges for New Parents, presented by top mummy bloggers and media personalities, these sessions will deep dive into a range of topics including sex after childbirth with Annaliese Dent, Announcer of The Queen Sesh and Ariane Beesto; returning to work with Bessie Hassan, Head of PR and Money Expert at Finder.com and Lisa Almond; and getting your body back with Rhian Allen, owner of The Healthy Mummy and Cat Rodie.
- The Beginners? Guide to Family Diversity, will feature former Olympian Jana Pitman who will discuss her decision to start a family by herself. Jana will be joined on stage with Casey Dellacqua and other ?non-traditional? families such as same sex couples to discuss their personal experiences.
- The Beginners? Guide to Safe Sleeping, presented by Red Nose, Karitane and CPR Kids, will share all the necessary information to ensure children can sleep safely.
- The Beginners? Guide to Toddlers, Tantrums, Technology, presented by Pinky McKay and industry experts discusses everything toddler-related, from sharing experiences to how to deal with common issues like how to manage their devices and moods.
- The Beginners? Guide to Diet Advice During Weaning, resident expert Jo Ryan from Wattle Health talks parenting, newborns and toddlers.
- The Beginners? Guide to Early Childhood Wellbeing, presented by neonatal paediatrician Dr Howard Chilton.
As Australia?s favourite parenting event, the show will feature the hottest new products from around the world. Shop from more than 200 fantastic pregnancy, baby and toddler brands including Redsbaby, Maxi Cosi, Dyson, Bio-Oil, Baby & Toddler Town, Aussie Wipes, Little Bud and Ecostore.
The entertainment at this year?s show has also been ramped up, with live performances happening all weekend from popular children?s entertainers such as, Hey Duggee, Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly. The performances are followed by special meet-and-greets to take a happy snap at.
One of the special guests at this year?s show is the industry respected Baby Product Guru, Carolyn Webster. A pram is a huge investment, and it?s important to be absolutely sure before buying one. As such, the Pram Trial Track area will allow attendees to test a whole range of hot pram brands on all sorts of terrain. As a bonus, Carolyn will be on-hand to assist in making the right choice.
Head to the Advice Hub for personalised, one-on-one consultations with the Australian Breastfeeding Association, Gidget Foundation, Australian Dental Association, CPR Kids, Red Nose, Australian Doula College, Childbirth and Parenting Educators of Australia Inc., Tresillian, Karitane and more.
The Essential Baby & Toddler Show presented by Wattle Health is the one place to go for everything on pregnancy, babies and toddlers. Be sure to get all the latest tips and the greatest goodies. For a fun family day bring the kids, get your hands on products from industry-leading brands and visit the free consultations at the 2018 Essential Baby & Toddler Show Sydney.
Visit the Baby & Toddler Show website to register for your FREE ticket: www.babyandtoddlershow.com.au
Register for FREE tickets HERE.
WHERE: International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour.
WHEN: 9am | Friday 21 September ? 23 September 2018
TICKETS & INFO: www.babyandtoddlershow.com.au/sydney/